Meet the Team
8 years of engineering experience in building 20+ popular mobile apps loved by millions of users.
5 years of cross-border investment experience with a boutique investment banking firm in California and a private equity and investment banking firm in China.
President of Digital Economy Collaboration Innovation Lab, a nonprofit institution for digital economy research.
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from University of Southern California and M.B.A. from University of California, Berkeley.
XIANREN (RYAN) WU
Senior Venture Partner
Tech Lead Manager on AI and machine learning at top high-tech companies.
Former Chief Data Scientist at Tantan Inc., the No.1 dating platform in China.
Former Co-founder and Director of R&D at GageIn Inc, enabling intelligent prospecting, sourcing and lead generation for enterprise sales teams.
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of California, Santa Cruz, and has 20+ academic publications and 10+ industrial patents on AI/ML.
- 15+ years of experience in investment management, portfolio analysis, accounting, financial reporting and audit
- Former head of finance and head of portfolio analysis at various impact investing firms
- Big 4 alumni, led financial audits of both public and private companies
- Early career in applications engineering at a high-tech company
- Master in Professional Accounting from University of Texas at Austin and Master in Management from ESCP Business School (École Supérieure de Commerce de Paris)
BAONING (KENNY) FAN
- Founder and manager of FLY Investment, a family office invests in 140 portfolio companies and funds since 2014, including Beyond Meat, Fair, and Cloud9 Gaming etc.
- Active member at Sand Hill Angels, one of the largest and most active Angel groups in the U.S.
- BSBA in Finance from Ohio State University, and Master Degree in Economics from University of Cincinnati.
13+ years of experience in nanomaterials, wearable devices and renewable energy.
Postdoctoral Researcher at Stanford University, and published 30+ scientific papers in top-tier journals including Nature Energy, Joule, and Advanced Materials.
Co-founder at Petoi, a robotic company targeting STEM education.
Co-founder and Chief Scientist at Nanostar ltd., which focuses on both incubating and investing in new technologies in nanomaterial space.
10+ years of project/program management experience with multi-billion dollar real estate projects.
Marketing Director of Digital Economy Collaboration Innovation Lab, a nonprofit institution for digital economy research.
- Serial Entrepreneur and Angel investor in multiple early-stage startups.
Master of Science from University of Southern California and M.B.A. from University of California, Berkeley.